Types of projects include institutional campuses, commercial/retail facilities, community master planning and engineering, parks and recreation complexes, residential land planning and environmental planning/impact assessment.
The Firm’s services range from initial site evaluations/feasibility studies, master planning and concept design, preparation of contract documents and technical specifications and construction administration.
The Firm provides site development and landscape architectural services to:
- Institutional Facilities
- Schools And College Campuses
- Athletic/Recreational Facilities
- Commercial/Retail Owners
- Residential Estates
- Real Estate Developers
- Industrial Clients
- Zoning Attorneys
Cameron Engineering has extensive and diversified experience in providing the following services:
- Site Planning/Municipal Processing
- Subdivision Master Planning
- Parks/Open Space Design
- Athletic And Recreational Facilities
- Playground Design
- Golf Course Planning
- Campus Master Planning And Engineering
- Streetscape Design
- Stormwater Management/Ponds
- Aquatic Facilities And Spraygrounds
- Ecological Design And Plantings
- Irrigation And Site Lighting
- Zoning Studies
The Firm’s staff of site engineers and landscape architects deliver a distinctive synergy of innovative design and engineering solutions from concept to entitlement through construction.
Sustainable and Renewable Energy Design
Communities, corporations, and governments can be better global citizens by assuming responsibility for their environmental and social impacts.
Doing so can also improve financial sustainability and competitiveness by increasing efficiency. Cameron Engineering’s Sustainable Design and Environmental Management staff design and evaluate places, products, and services that reduce use of non- renewable resources, minimize environmental impacts, and create lasting and vibrant communities.
Energy Efficiency And Energy Systems
The cost of energy and the need to reduce greenhouse gas emissions is rising. As conventional fuel costs rise, so does return on investment from energy efficiency improvements and conversions to alternative energy systems. Cameron Engineering’s mechanical and electrical engineers provide these services. Renewable and/or conservation energy solutions may include solar photovoltaics, solar thermal technology, geothermal HVAC supplementation, wind turbine electrical production, rainwater collection and utilization, grey water reclamation, building automation, and daylighting and passive solar irradiation capture.
Smart Growth and Sustainable Planning
Cameron Engineering values livable, economically sustainable, and environmentally responsible growth or “Smart Growth.” We encourage infill development and downtown re-development so that open space can be preserved. We believe that mixed-use, mixed-income communities can be convenient, attractive, and exciting places to live. We offer:
- Comprehensive Community-Based Land Use Plans
- Mixed Use Development Plans
- Downtown Revitalization and Infill Development
- New Urbanist and Traditional Neighborhood Site
- Smart Growth Municipal Code Development
- Public Participation Planning and Charettes
- Transit Oriented Development Plans
- Open Space Preservation and Transfer of Development
- Rights Studies
- LEED Neighborhood Development
- Assessments and Certification
Low Impact Site Design
Properly managed stormwater can reduce off-site environmental impacts, can add attractive green features to the
landscape and will protect surface waters and green spaces. Cameron Engineering professionals design:
- Innovative Stormwater Collection and Treatment Systems
- Clustering and Open Space Land Use Plans
- Preservation and Integration of Natural Features
- Designs with Pervious Paving and Surface Reduction
- Rain Garden, Bioretention Area, Infiltration Trench, Grassed Swale Designs
- Wetland Protection, Enhancement, and Restoration Design
- Green Roof Structural, Stormwater, and Planting Design
- Designs Incorporating Riparian Buffers, Urban Forestry, Native Plants
Environmental Management And Pollution Prevention
Cameron Engineering assists our clients reduce the environmental impact of their products, activities, and services. We can reduce environmental liability exposure and increase operating efficiency by helping with:
- Environmentally Preferable Purchasing and Supply Chain Analyses
- Life Cycle Analysis
- Air, Soil, and Water Monitoring
Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED)
The Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) green building rating systems are the nationally accepted benchmark for the design, construction and operation of sustainable high performance green buildings, homes and neighborhood developments as established by the United States Green Building Council (USGBC).
Cameron Engineering promotes a holistic approach to sustainable design through site development, water savings, energy efficiency, materials selection and indoor air quality for the benefit of our health and the environment.
The LEED portfolio of green rating systems is a roadmap for measuring, documenting and certifying the successful sustainable design process for:
- New Commercial Construction
- Major Renovation
- Existing Building Operations and Maintenance
- Commercial Interiors Projects
- Core and Shell Development Projects
- Neighborhood Developments
- Guidelines for Multiple Buildings and Campus Building Projects
Cameron Engineering strives to develop sustainable projects incorporating energy efficient building design and sustainable sites through innovative and efficient design and construction and operational solutions. Our designs balance environmental responsibility, achieve resource efficiency and provide occupant comfort and well-being. Whether or not a project seeks certified LEED status, implementation of the LEED rating system and/or the integration of green building technologies for specific scope of work items results in a more sustainable project.
Cameron Engineering has over two dozen professionals certified by the USGBC as LEED AP’s. Our professional staff is experienced with each key LEED component of sustainable site development, water savings, energy efficiency, materials selection and indoor air quality.
Our services typically initiate with an investigation of potential sustainable projects for clients and prepares LEED feasibility reports, many of which are developed into proposed LEED projects. We provide LEED design and commissioning services. We are a recognized Green Advocate, active in our community and provide educational seminars, professional services to governmental agencies drafting LEED legislation and are members of the USGBC’s National and Long Island Chapters.
Richard J. Zapolski, Jr., P.E. – Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Michael De Giglio, RLA – Email: email@example.com